Todd Conklin is a 32 year veteran of the oil and gas business. He manages a family oil & gas company in Texas as well as his own oil and gas production. Currently he is the Chief Geologist for Unit Petroleum. Todd is also starting a podcast and mastermind called The Significant Mentor in which he interviews accomplished people about the mentors in their life. He discovers what makes people tick and the back story to their success.
- Minio Cloud Storage – Built in Go for developers and devops.
- How do we create a role model for guys who don’t have father figures in their lives?
- 18-25 years old are very influenced by the guidance and trajectory that they are on.
- We need to build relationships without phones. Learning how to relate to people face-to-face is important because of the messages between the lines.
- Emails and text messages can lose context because it’s harder to perceive the emotion.
- People with higher EQ (emotional quotient) regularly outperform people with higher IQs.
- Being able to present your ideas is a huge differentiators.
- Managers don’t need to know how a clock works, they just need to know what time it is.
- Don’t be afraid to look for mentors and reach out to them.
- People that have a lot of experience would be honored to be asked to be a mentor.
- A mentor is a guide. They are good listeners. They are not cross if you don’t follow their example.
- A coach is teaches skills to get you to learn a specific thing.
- Have an early morning routine and be introspective.
- Invest heavily in health, family and friends.
- Get out of the office and go talk to real people.