Rajiv Menon is an entrepreneur, consultant, and mentor. He is the Founder/Solution Architect at Informulate, a unique software services consultancy that employs Lean Startup and Agile methodologies, launched in 2006. He launched Talent4Startups.org, a free, non-profit portal for startup founders to collaborate with students and professionals in 2014. He is committed to the Lean and Agile methodologies. Rajiv is the founding organizer of the Orlando-based Lean Startup Practitioners group. He is a mentor through workshops, events and accelerators – notably VentureScaleUp, WeVenture and Lean Startup Machine.
- Burdene – The bot that remembers your stuff so you don’t forget.
- Some people are not natural risk-takers thus shy away from entrepreneurship.
- Entrepreneurs participate in Startup Weekends, but the energy dies off after the weekend and nothing happens.
- Founders face the Level 0 problem. They want to build a product and need funding, but cant get funding until they have a product to show.
- Talent4Startups.org is a matchmaking platform for entrepreneurs.
- It should be the first place you go before you start working on your startup.
- Future of Talent4Startups will add mentors, investors, events, local labs, accelerators.
- If you think you have a unique idea that no one else has you’re mistaken. It’s about speed and execution.
- We all struggle with confirmation biases.
- Read The Lean Startup by Eric Ries (Listen to audiobook)
- Entrepreneurship is like the Scientific Method, making an observation, having a hypothesis, experimenting and measuring the results.
- The only currency for entrepreneurship is the customer and the problems they face that you can solve.
- Don’t fall in love with your solution, fall in love with the customer’s problem.
- Go to Lean Startup meetups and network with other entrepreneurs in your city.