Rajiv Menon is an entrepreneur, consultant, and mentor. He is the Founder/Solution Architect at Informulate, a unique software services consultancy that employs Lean Startup and Agile methodologies, launched in 2006. He launched Talent4Startups.org, a free, non-profit portal for startup founders to collaborate with students and professionals in 2014. He is committed to the Lean and Agile methodologies. Rajiv is the founding organizer of the Orlando-based Lean Startup Practitioners group. He is a mentor through workshops, events and accelerators – notably VentureScaleUp, WeVenture and Lean Startup Machine.
- Burdene – The bot that remembers your stuff so you don’t forget.
- Some people are not natural risk-takers thus shy away from entrepreneurship.
- Entrepreneurs participate in Startup Weekends, but the energy dies off after the weekend and nothing happens.
- Founders face the Level 0 problem. They want to build a product and need funding, but cant get funding until they have a product to show.
- Talent4Startups.org is a matchmaking platform for entrepreneurs.
- It should be the first place you go before you start working on your startup.
- Future of Talent4Startups will add mentors, investors, events, local labs, accelerators.
- If you think you have a unique idea that no one else has you’re mistaken. It’s about speed and execution.
- We all struggle with confirmation biases.
- Read The Lean Startup by Eric Ries (Listen to audiobook)
- Entrepreneurship is like the Scientific Method, making an observation, having a hypothesis, experimenting and measuring the results.
- The only currency for entrepreneurship is the customer and the problems they face that you can solve.
- Don’t fall in love with your solution, fall in love with the customer’s problem.
- Go to Lean Startup meetups and network with other entrepreneurs in your city.
Available on Entrepreneurship Saturday and Hello Tech Pros daily podcasts
Get the Interview Questions
My Podcast Interview Guide contains the interview questions for all 3 topics:
- Career Development
- Product Development
- Business Bevelopment