Use the controls above to listen to the episode or subscribe on iTunes | Stitcher Radio | Google Play | RSS
This is part two in a three part series, focused on the 3 team-centric attributes that help get you on more critical projects, have more input on the process and increase demand for your work.
- Hello Tech Pros new mission is to help you Build Your Career, Build your Product and Build Your Business.
- It’s critical to assess your personal or your team’s performance at least once or twice a year.
- Determine where we are vs where we want to be and use as a catalyst for growth.
- The assessments are context sensitive. The attributes are the same for everyone, but how we measure them depends on the individual’s experience level, their role and the expectations for them.
- Personal-centric attributes are 100% in your control.
- Integrity is the basis for trust.
- Energy levels are infectious, so it’s important to squash negativity and foster confidence and motivation.
- Accountability means being responsible, showing blamelessness and taking ownership of situations.
- Team-centric attributes reflect how you interact with other people.
- It’s more than just “play nicely with others”.
- If you do these right, you will be put on more critical projects, allow you to have a voice at the table and increase the demand on your work because people will want to work with you.
- Doing these wrong will keep you out of the loop, put you on low-priority work and lead to a dead-end career.
- Teamwork is commonly stated but uncommonly practiced.
- Help out others outside of assigned responsibilities.
- Ask others what their pain points are and try to solve them.
- How does your work impact others upstream or downstream?
- Communication breakdowns are one of the most common reported issues in individuals and team.
- Provide excellent and actionable feedback to others.
- Think about your audience and how they want to receive information and in what detail.
- Adaptability is critical because we don’t have complete control over most of the changes that impact us at work.
- The only consistency is that everything changes all the time.
- We need to be learning and applying new skills to keep up with the market and competition.
- Business priorities are always shifting, so we need to help the company adapt.
- Levant Technologies – Voted Oklahoma’s #1 website design and development company.
- Leave a comment at the bottom of this page and let me know which attribute you are working on in your career.