Shifting from producer to manager, Nathen Haupt suddenly felt powerless because he couldn’t directly quantify his impact on the organization anymore. After deciding to leave that position, Nathen journeyed down a path of self-discovery to re-assess his thoughts on management and motivation.
Nathen Haupt is a passionate IT staffing professional at Tallience who doesn’t believe in one-size fits all solutions.
- Managers are measured by different criteria than producers
- Don’t nitpick the metrics without understanding the producer’s level of engagement
- Complacency can deteriorate motivation
- Managers need a high level of emotional intelligence
- Get a free audio book and 30-day trial on Audible
- Boiler Room (2000)
- Forrest Gump (1994)
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle (Listen on Audible)
- The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy (Listen on Audible)
- Nathen Haupt on LinkedIn