Nathan Johns has more than twenty years of experience in Business Strategy and Product Management at large tech companies like Creative Labs and Dell. He has managed eighteen product lines including designing go-to-market strategies, overseeing product transitions, and identifying opportunities to improve gross margin and unit growth. Nathan also has more than six years’ experience as a professional wedding and portrait photographer and regularly mentors others both personally and professionally.
- Burdene – Like Evernote but through text messages.
- HelloTechBook.com – Get a free audio book from Audible.
- How do you get all the things done?
- How do you have convos to align on the right things to get done?
- Trying to accomplish complexity reduction in the enterprise is a complex project.
- Sometimes things are complex because the customers want options.
- Use meeting guidelines to keep everyone productive.
- Publish an agenda so that everyone knows why they were invited and can opt-out.
- Set the meeting length appropriate for the expected outcome.
- Wrap up conversations with action items assigned.
- Context switching is a productivity killer, so stay on one task until complete when possible.
- Procrastination is caused by lack of deadlines or deadlines too far out.
- Listen to music without words like classical or club to help stay in the zone.