Monica Neubauer is a successful REALTOR in Franklin, TN and has been a National Speaker in the industry since 2009. As an Education Junkie, she enjoys talking about many aspects of Real Estate and Business. As the 2015 REALTOR of the Year for her local association, she is active at home, but also enjoys traveling the 50 states and any country that will let her in.
- The public is educating themselves about real estate which is a good thing, but they may be missing vital information.
- The process of buying a house is much more complicated than what they show on HGTV.
- Every real estate market is extremely localized.
- Pros for working with a real estate agent:
- They are in the local market every day.
- The market is extremely localized, 30 minutes away is very different.
- Roads, schools, zoning constantly changing.
- Agents are well-trained.
- They keep up with regulatory changes.
- Agents can help you understand the upgrades.
- Agent has all the paperwork and help understand the process and educating the buyer or seller.
- It is a stressful processand its nice to have someone to help balance the emotions.
- Interview the real estate agent to determine if they keep up with continuing education.
- Ask friends for referrals. Did they love their agent?
- Have they been in the industry very long and what has their education been?
- If new to the business, do they have a mentor?
- What forms of technology are they using?
- Are they using professional photography or an iPhone?
- Which communication methods do they prefer?
- Do they have a full time job and just hustling on the weekends?
- How much business are they doing?
- 15 transactions is a fulltime real estate job. 30 is amazing.
- 100 transactions is a team – who is the agent that you’re actually going to be working with?
- What negotion skills do they have?
- Be prepared to voice your expectations.