Many people’s careers are limited — not due to a lack of talent, smarts or ambition — but by the anxiety of leaving their friends behind or making their friends angry. We discuss why it happens to technical professionals and what you can do about it.
What You Will Learn in This Episode
- Why we worry about what others think about us and our career.
- What anxiety feels like in personal growth situations.
- Why we are terrified of success.
- What to do about friends who are not on the same path.
- How to manage your friends when you become their boss.