John Michael is a designer/front-end developer who teamed up with co-worker Paul Groetzner to start a software company while keeping both of their 9-5 day jobs. Nine months later, they are gearing up for their official launch and would like to share their experience of starting with nothing to producing a viable market product with zero funding.
- When working in mid/large-sized companies, we have limited input into changing the company’s direction without significant effort.
- Entrepreneurs sometimes feel they can do it better.
- When finding a business partner, try a small project first to test out the partnership dynamics.
- To get product ideas, ask business owners what software they use and what limitations they have.
- Subscription-model revenue is ideal for many startups.
- Partner with your initial customers to gain industry knowledge.
- Many entrepreneurs get stuck in the beginning because they are trying to come up with something that’s never been thought of before. Instead, look at existing products & services and do it better.
- Find niche industries where technology has been stagnant.
- BookMoreNights.com – Get more customers on AirBnb, VRBO and other vacation rental sites.
- Get a free audio book from Audible
Available on Entrepreneurship Saturday and Hello Tech Pros daily podcasts
Get the Interview Questions
My Podcast Interview Guide contains the interview questions for all 3 topics:
- Career Development
- Product Development
- Business Bevelopment