Jim has 33 years of experience delivering solutions across a wide range of industry domains (Banking, Insurance, Aircraft, Point of Sale, CAD/CAM). He is an avid promoter of technologies to help developers become better software engineers and collaborators. Recently Jim transitioned into DevOps as a great way to help do this.
What You Will Learn In This Episode
- The biggest impediment to scaling dev teams.
- The solutions you can’t find on Google and StackOverflow.
- The missing element to your current document repository that makes it difficult to keep up to date.
- Why GitHub is a killer resource for Project Management.
- How to ensure no developer is left behind.
- Why developers are a lot like squirrels.
- The mindset you need to be successful in technology and business.
- GitHub Pages
- Markdown + Jekyll
- Google Docs
- Zippy Squirrel on GitHub
- Starter site repo
- GitHub 2016 Universe Presentation