Over the past 10 years, Jason Will has successfully worked as a social media and technology consultant, freelance writer, speaker and advisor.
A few things became clear over the course of time: building personal brands, teams and companies are the fueling elements of his passion. Content marketing > social selling always.
- Social media is not a platform to sell to people. Give first and inspire an audience.
- The cost of acquiring users has gone down due to technology advancements and 24/7 automation.
- Time, resources and money constraints constantly shifting as the business, industry and economy evolves.
- Don’t let your eagerness get too far ahead of you. Learn patience and get to know the tech behind your business.
- You don’t need to be able to read and write the code for your product, but you do need to understand which skill sets are required and which technologies integrate together.
- The first 4-6 hires sets the tone for the ongoing growth of the company. Hire tough.
- When interviewing, ask culture questions that align to your business’ products and services.
- The best developers don’t just writes code, but put themselves in the shoes of the user.
- Hire employees that can think and work cross-functionally.
- 20-50% of travel and hospitality reviews may be fake.
- There is a disconnect between travel sites and hospitality experts. ZipKick is bridging the gap and providing a place where the experts can provide authentic reviews without fake accounts, bots and spammers.
Available on Technology Thursday and Hello Tech Pros daily podcasts
Sr. Engineer 7-Day Course
Are you a junior engineer or just starting your career in software development? I spent FAR too much time working too hard on things that didn't help me grow my career.
I created this 7-day email course to help you identify the biggest obstacles between you and that coveted Sr. Engineering position and what you can do to overcome them.