Jaime is an avid hockey fan. He loves the competitive spirit and the team aspect of the game. He enjoys the sport so much that he decided to integrate his passion for the sport into his passion for marketing. Jaime has been working in the sales and marketing arena since he left the US Army as a paratrooper for the 82nd Airborne Division in 1994.
Working for three different Fortune 100 companies, Jaime learned quickly how to build relationships. The challenging aspect of working for a large company was having the ability to be creative. This is the main reason he went out on his own and started his own business. His first business was as a partner in a small California-based real estate advertising agency and publishing company. After the housing bubble burst in 2008, Jaime had to start over.
As time progressed, Jaime found that he really enjoyed making websites for people and so he started Slapshot Studio in 2013 and never looked back. Jaime enjoys traveling, boating, playing guitar, hanging out with family, and playing hockey.
What You Will Learn In This Episode
- What can happen to your productivity if you don’t have a clear vision, mission and core values documented.
- How to focus on the right things instead of everything.
- The first steps in creating a customer avatar.
- Specific books, tools and software Jaime recommends to business owners.
- The most productive thing successful people consistently do.
- Four common problems with which business owners struggle.
- How to niche down to increase results.
- slapshotstudio.com – WordPress website development
- doneforyouwp.com – WordPress maintenance and support services
- podcastpilot.com – Podcast editing and writing services
- bottleneck.online – Virtual Assistant placement services
- stopridingthepine.com – Podcast where Jaime interview authors, thought-leaders, entrepreneurs and more about what they did to become successful.
- BookMoreNights.com – You’ve got the best vacation rental property, show it off!