Ian Paget is a graphic designer based in Reading UK. He runs a part time freelance business called Logo Geek, designing logos as well as running a popular social media group of the same name. In his day job he works as a creative director.
- Minio Cloud Storage – Store photos, videos, VMs, containers, log files, or any blob of data as objects.
- Ian focuses on goal fulfillment. The logo should reprsent who you are as a business.
- MVP is best way to go, both for code and graphic design.
- When working a full time job, take on side projects that are small. 2 week projects are easier to conume and deliver and help scratch that entrepreneurial itch.
- When moving from part-time freelance to full-time consultancy business, you may need to put a team together to work for you so that you can scale the business and take holidays off.
- Focus on creating a simple website, get domain and start with a single page site design.
- Use WordPress for site / blogs.
- Be known as an industry leader by creating content in your space.
- Blogs, podcasts, videos.
- Use social media platforms to promote other experts’ content and raise your own value in the process.
- From day one you’re not going to get much engagement, it’s a long-term strategy.
- Use a tool like Buffer to schedule your posts.
- Take the time to understand search-engine optimization (SEO) when creating new content.
- Create more content than you consume.