Dmitri Saveliev is a startup veteran with an extensive Silicon Valley background. His experience in developing banking software for Fortune 500 companies has prepared him to lead a venture of his own, ServiceWhale. Derived from his own personal frustrating experience shopping for a heating and cooling system for his home in Princeton, NJ, Dmitri founded ServiceWhale in an effort to create a true market for home improvement shopping where pricing is easily obtainable and the experience is similar to that of how consumers shop for most products and services online.
What You Will Learn in This Episode
- How ServiceWhale saved 1.5 man-years by using existing frameworks and APIs instead of reinventing the mousetrap.
- Why it has been diffifult in the past to find a “big-ticket” service provider for home renovation projects and how ServiceWhale is helping.
- How Dmitri manages a development team spread across 5 timezones.
- How the object-oriented “purist” developers in the past did more harm than good.
- The problems you need to focus on when building your tech company.
- HTP-237: The Philosophy and Steps to Managing Your Internal Dialogue with Alex Rubinchik
- Become a sponsor for as little as $1 on Patreon
- I’m writing a book on social anxiety at AnxietyNerd.com
Available on Technology Thursday and Hello Tech Pros daily podcasts
Get the Interview Questions
My Podcast Interview Guide contains the interview questions for all 3 topics:
- Career Development
- Product Development
- Business Bevelopment