Derek Canas is an emulator DJ and Aids Activist as well as the creator of the #EndTheStigma Campaign. He survived 16 years undiagnosed after receiving bad blood from a donor in 1985. Derek refers to himself as battery operated due to having pacemakers since 3 months of age.
- Burdene – Note-taking and reminder bot.
- Transource Media – Podcast audio editing.
- Be a guest on Hello Tech Pros.
- HelloTechBook.com – Get a free audio book from Audible.
- People don’t like to take risks and fail to take a chance on their dreams.
- Derek beat the odds of survival so decided to take the risk of working with his passion: music.
- DREX Angels and Warriors work to end the stigma about AIDS on behalf of Derek.
- There is a lot of bad information and misconceptions about HIV and AIDS that must be addressed.
- If you have a conversation to gain awareness, it could save you from this disease.
- Mosquitoes cant pass the virus, nor casual contact, or eating after someone.
- HIV is sexually transmitted and bloodborne.
- You have to have a really good sense of humor to deal with bad situations.
- When your friends and family are struggling with tough times, be there for them, treat them as them, not as their disease or misfortune.
- Keep moving forward, regardless of your situation.