Clarence Washington is a manager of infrastructure architecture and engineering and has a strong belief in finding a way to give back to the community and blessing others with the things that you have yourself been blessed with. Clarence works with inner-city youth and uses sports (football) to reach children that we otherwise would not be able to reach. Although they have been a perennially successful and winning program, winning is not emphasized as the most important outcome. They believe in success. Wins and losses are short term outcomes, and even in an individual defeat successes can be found. Success on the field and in life comes with hard work, discipline, and perseverance. With those things there is no need to focus on the score, or even wins and losses on the field or in life because success is a byproduct of those things. Clarence and his team of coaches and mentors teach and live by that ethic.
What You Will Learn In This Episode
- The first thing Clarence teaches to young men and why it is critical to their development.
- Why athletics is a great way to educate youth in many areas of life.
- How the impact we make on 10-year-olds will change the future 25 years from now.
- How Clarence balances the relationships between his family and his team.
- Who’s life you can change if you get involved today.
- The differences between winning the big game and driving home with a loss.
Available on People Friday and Hello Tech Pros daily podcasts
Get the Interview Questions
My Podcast Interview Guide contains the interview questions for all 3 topics:
- Career Development
- Product Development
- Business Bevelopment