Bill Kennedy is a managing partner at Ardan Studio in Miami, Florida, a mobile, web, and systems development company. He is also a co-author of the book Go in Action, the author of the blog GoingGo.Net, and a founding member of GoBridge which is working to increase Go adoption through diversity.
- Companies need to train internerally.
- Put budgeting dollars for each person to go to conferences and get involved in the communities.
- Does software performance really matter? Most people would say “Yes.”
- If that’s true, we only need Assembly language and C++.
- It’s been more about productivity of the development team.
- Go really shines about helping software developers be really productive.
- 4 cornerstones of writing software (thinking, code reviews).
- Integrity — Every read and write operation is consistent and accurate. Don’t corrupt data.
- Readability — Code needs to be easily readable and understood.
- Being able to look at a block of code and understand what its doing without really thinking about it.
- Ability to look at code and understand the cost of that code, not layers and layers of abstraction.
- Simplicity — To reduce the number of lines of code, it may mean giving up readability.
- Simplicity on purpose, with data and profiling to back it up.
- Performance — With known benchmarking and profiling.
- Google is funding this language – networking, CLI, tooling.
- Mobile dev with Go is coming.
- IOT is going to be sweet spot for Go.
- HTP-54 Your Tech Interviews are Scaring Away Brilliant People with Bill Kennedy
- HTP-95 GoLang Will Make Your Plumbing Code Sexy with Aaron Schesinger
- Go in Action by William Kennedy
- Going Go Programming
- Ardan Labs
- Go Bridge
Available on Productivity Tuesdays and Hello Tech Pros daily podcasts
Get the Interview Questions
My Podcast Interview Guide contains the interview questions for all 3 topics:
- Career Development
- Product Development
- Business Bevelopment