George Mocharko helps create authentic, crafted, strategic messaging for small businesses, start-ups, and non-profits. He also specializes in digital and print publications management, with professional-quality newsletter & magazine design and production, including marketing collateral creation.
George has a Master’s degree in International Commerce and Policy from George Mason University’s School of Policy, Government and International Affairs and a Bachelor’s degree in Communication from Mason. He studied Digital Marketing at Georgetown and Front-End Web Development at General Assembly. He is a member of the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC), Society for Technical Communication, Graphic Artists Guild, and Project Management Institute®.
What You Will Learn From This Episode
- People don’t read the whole doc, they need an executive summary.
- Focus on the UX of technical documentation. Remember that they are consumed by people, not technology.
- Start thinking about doc from inception and include a tech writer role.
- Make sure the documentation is accessible when anyone picks it up.
- A documentation specialist’s job is to capture, aggregate, sort and redistribute knowledge.
- Professionals think 9-5, M-F. It’s not time management, its energy management. Cater to energy and communication styles.