Therman Trotman is a husband and father of 3. He’s been in the IT field for 16 years, he’s an Army veteran, a NYC native and a SharePoint developer. Therman feels that the number one key to growing your career is building relationships.
- Minio Cloud Storage — Built in Go for developers and devops.
- You have to build technology / solutions with real people in mind. They won’t use it if the UX isn’t a great fit for them.
- Good people will beat out bad technology.
- It’s not about the tools, it’s not about apps, it’s all about the people.
- There are 3 types of power:
- Having the Boss title.
- Technical Knowledge.
- Relationships — This is the stongetst of the 3.
- If you’re an introvert, stop caring about what people think about you, both professionally and personally.
- Detach yourself from how others feel about you.
- Allow others have their opinion.
- Be yourself.
- Keep your general convictions.
- Look on the bright side of things. Intentionally choose the good.
- Don’t think too much, just try it.