In her past, Shelli Austin had to endure a horrible boss who used demeaning language and fear tactics to intimidate their staff. Now as a technical recruiter, Shelli advises consultants to research the position and the hiring manager before accepting a job. When you spend more time with the people you work with rather than the people you live with, Shelli wants her clients to be as happy as possible in their position.
Shelli Austin has been working in I.T. Staffing for close to 20 years. Her goal is to be an advocate for both her clients and her candidates. Shelli values attention to detail, identifying quality candidates for her customers, and follow through. Developing, building and maintaining solid, long-term client relationships that are mutually beneficial is her #1 priority.
- To be happy in life you have to enjoy what you’re doing at work
- Don’t micromanage, instead give employees ownership of their role
- Your co-workers is like your second family, you spend more time with them during the work week than your 1st family
- When interviewing, look for red flags that may indicate a mis-alignment to your personal goals that may lead to unhappiness
- After the first or second round of interviews, ask the hiring manager for references on their leadership style
- The interview process is a process and takes time, be patient
- Ask your employees what they need to be successful
- shelli.austin [at] oaktreeit.com
Get the Interview Questions
My Podcast Interview Guide contains the interview questions for all 3 topics:
- Career Development
- Product Development
- Business Bevelopment