Have you ever had a boss that acted like they wanted to hear your thoughts and opinions yet consistently ignored the feedback? Sarah Baca advises leaders to think of themselves more of a coach than a boss. Be curious and ask questions. She believes issues will work out if you know what questions to ask to bring the details to transparency.
Sarah Baca is an Agile Coach at The Topps Company, where she works as a servant leader for their software development team. She is passionate about creating workplaces where people love their work, and has been working to grow resilient teams for over a decade. She specializes in creating workshop-style training for teams who want to be more agile, courageous, and resilient.
- Be curious and ask questions
- Leaders should have the perspective to see patterns and point them out
- The team’s solution is usually better than the leader’s solution
- Refactor your processes as you go
- Don’t jump to conclusions
- Encourage courage; be vulnerable and ask questions
- Create the glue that binds the team
- Agile Software Development
- Star Wars™: Card Trader by The Topps Company Inc.
- Management 3.0 by Jurgen Appelo
Get the Interview Questions
My Podcast Interview Guide contains the interview questions for all 3 topics:
- Career Development
- Product Development
- Business Bevelopment