This is part two in a three part series, focused on the 3 team-centric attributes that help get you on more critical projects, have more input on the process and increase demand for your work.
- Hello Tech Pros new mission is to help you Build Your Career, Build your Product and Build Your Business.
- It’s critical to assess your personal or your team’s performance at least once or twice a year.
- Determine where we are vs where we want to be and use as a catalyst for growth.
- The assessments are context sensitive. The attributes are the same for everyone, but how we measure them depends on the individual’s experience level, their role and the expectations for them.
- Personal-centric attributes are 100% in your control.
- Integrity is the basis for trust.
- Energy levels are infectious, so it’s important to squash negativity and foster confidence and motivation.
- Accountability means being responsible, showing blamelessness and taking ownership of situations.
- Team-centric attributes reflect how you interact with other people.
- It’s more than just “play nicely with others”.
- If you do these right, you will be put on more critical projects, allow you to have a voice at the table and increase the demand on your work because people will want to work with you.
- Doing these wrong will keep you out of the loop, put you on low-priority work and lead to a dead-end career.
- Teamwork is commonly stated but uncommonly practiced.
- Help out others outside of assigned responsibilities.
- Ask others what their pain points are and try to solve them.
- How does your work impact others upstream or downstream?
- Communication breakdowns are one of the most common reported issues in individuals and team.
- Provide excellent and actionable feedback to others.
- Think about your audience and how they want to receive information and in what detail.
- Adaptability is critical because we don’t have complete control over most of the changes that impact us at work.
- The only consistency is that everything changes all the time.
- We need to be learning and applying new skills to keep up with the market and competition.
- Business priorities are always shifting, so we need to help the company adapt.
- Levant Technologies – Voted Oklahoma’s #1 website design and development company.
- Leave a comment at the bottom of this page and let me know which attribute you are working on in your career.
Performance Assessment Cheatsheet
Enter your best email address to send you the cheatsheet that I use to perform self- and employee-assessments on the 9 critical attributes that affect our Personal, Team and Business performance.
Also, I'll keep you in the loop as I develop more content to help build your career, build your products and build your business.