Mike Potter received eye opening feedback during a 360 performance review that made him question whether or not he wanted to stay in leadership. After a month of executive coaching, he realized that he needed to take the same approach to help his team as he did his clients, by asking two questions:
- What’s holding them back from being the best they can be?
- What can I do to help them out with that?
Mike Potter is a results-oriented IT Executive with a track record of success in developing and executing strategies that align to the value chain of the business.
- Know your intrinsic and extrinsic motivators
- Use 360 feedback to understand your blind spots
- Find the motivators in your staff and align them to assignments
- Group lunches with staff is a good way to collect feedback, challenges and ideas
- Look for common themes in feedback that can be addressed across org
- Focus on the good things to keep hope alive
- Mike Potter on LinkedIn