Mike Crandall is a Speaker, Consultant, Coach and Trainer focused on Proactive Business Growth. He is brought in by Business Owners and Executives to work on the Behaviors, Attitudes, Techniques, and Guts needed to be more Successful in Business Improvement, Sales Growth, and Employee Development. His firm specializes in helping identify the Blind Spots and Obstacles that are holding you back and then implementing Systems, Behaviors, and Guts to become more Successful. Clients ultimately develop new Habits that lead to Proactive Growth Professionally and Personally.
- You only have to be gutsy 5 seconds at a time.
- You can almost ask any question or make any statement in 5 seconds or less.
- If you can get better at that, it will add up to big growth for an individual or business.
- The best thing about personal development is personal/life growth – relationships with family and friends outside of work.
- All growth and development is a 5 step process (AKASH)
- Awareness. Understanding what we are and are doing.
- Knowledge. Reading, listening. Information intake. Most of us stop at this level.
- Application. The first time we try something new, it usually doesn’t work very well.
- Skill development. Do it often and learn.
- Habit development. Do it until you don’t have to think about it.
- We can’t change everything on a seminar or workshop. We invest a couple of hours but don’t get to Application, Skill and Habit.
- Starting point is Awareness.
- Have you heard “I am a great listener” from someone who then talks for 20 minutes?
- We have things we don’t even realize we do or don’t do.
- We naturally tend to be defensive about things others point out about ourselves.
- It’s easier to find faults and flaw in others rather than self.
- Most people are terrible at telling truth about themselves.
- Doctors use tests to identify the medical problem (CAT scans, X-rays). We need a process to identify our strengths, gaps and barriers to close the gaps. Sandler Training helps with this process.
- Tech professionals moving into consulting / startup need to shift their mindset from technical skills to entrepreneurship and sales.
- You can be successful, but it should be worth the changes you have to make in yourself.
- There are different internal competencies in entrepreneurs than technical professionals.
- You can outsource accounting, marketing, etc.
- You can NOT outsource selling yourself and what you do.
- The #1 reason why businesses fail is money and money is driven by sales.
- If you want to get better on something, focus on AKASH and study psychology.
- You Can’t Teach a Kid to Ride a Bike at a Seminar by David H. Sandler
- Sandler Success Principles: 11 Insights that will change the way you Think and Sell by David Mattson
- Levant Technologies – Website and mobile development.
Available on People Friday and Hello Tech Pros daily podcasts
Get the Interview Questions
My Podcast Interview Guide contains the interview questions for all 3 topics:
- Career Development
- Product Development
- Business Bevelopment