Kwame Christian is a lawyer that focuses on serving the needs of small businesses. He founded the American Negotiation Institute, a consulting firm that specializes in teaching entrepreneurs and professionals how to negotiate in the business world and is regularly invited to speak on the topic. In this role he helps individuals and companies create and implement powerful negotiation strategies. Kwame also hosts a podcast called Negotiation for Entrepreneurs where he interviews successful entrepreneurs and shares powerful persuasion techniques.
What You Will Learn in This Episode
- What types of things are negotiable.
- How to ask for more.
- How to negotiate without offending people.
- Why you should focus on the other person in the negotiation instead of yourself.
- The circumstances that increase and decrease your room for negotiation.
- How to spot negotiation tactics when they are being use on you and what to do to counter them.
- How to negotiate at the car dealership, over the phone with the cable company, even at Wal-Mart.
- American Negotiation Institute
- Is Your Business Partner the One for You?
- Rejection Proof: How I Beat Fear and Became Invincible Through 100 Days of Rejection by Jia Jiang