Balancing a job in a startup, running a news aggregator site, hosting a podcast and maintaining a long-distance relationship? Keith Chima explains how he does it all.
Keith Chima is a software developer at a healthcare startup, and founder of Newsbrute.com, a web app that discovers and previews the most popular video game articles of the day and sorts them in order of relative popularity.
- There are a lot of video game news sites so it’s hard for new sites to have break-out virality of the bigger sites.
- Feedly API enables developers to rank the relative popularity of an article.
- Enjoy what you do for a career but have another outlet. If you are a software developer who loves writing code at work and at home, find something outside of coding to provide balance.
- Even if you love your career, you can still suffer from burnout.
- Set up todo lists and tasks for your side-hustles then reward yourself with time away.
- Make time every day for the relationships you value, even if you are remote.
- Use Skype or play video games to keep in contact.
- Seek out companies that have a lot of families and respect family life.
- Value your own time, set goals and reward yourself. Allow yourself to be happy.
- Damage Per Second podcast
- TeakSpeak – Voice communication tool for online gaming, education and business.
- Discord – Voice and text chat for gamers.
- Acuity Scheduling – The scheduling tool I use for this podcast.