Jean Perpillant is the founder of Design Theory, which is a creative agency based out of Orlando, FL that creates great looking professional photography and beautifully functional WordPress websites.
Unfortunately, 23 of those sites got hacked over and over again during an 8 month period. This is the story of how he (and his business) survived.
- Minio Cloud Storage – Built on Go for performance. Developed by the Go community for support.
- Be a guest on Hello Tech Pros.
- HelloTechBook.com – Get a free audio book from Audible.
- Digital security is not just about YOUR password, it’s about the security of every account and access point in the chain. You, your clients, your hosting provider, your ISP, etc.
- Are there relevant backups? What is the restoration process? Does it work?
- What do you do when you put out a fire only to have it reignite over and over again?
- Ask your clients to change passwords and let them know about the problems you are working on for their behalf.
- Stress can manifest itself on you physically such as weight loss / gain, hair loss, sleeplessness.
- Prolonged stress can make you question yourself and your goals.
- People understand problems and are more likely to work with you if you are honest and transperent.
- Step back and take a breath.
- Reach out to local community and ask peers for help. You’ll get lots of advice but you’ll have to decide which to implement and which to ignore.
- Find 2-3 mentors and have weekly to monthly conversations so that you have a strong relationship built before the problems strike.
- Document what you’re doing step-by-step with timestamps so that others can triage more effectively.
- Have a backup plan for your websites. Backups, multiple hosting providers, multiple accounts.
- Charge premium prices for premium services. Charge discount prices for discount services.
GET MOTIVATED EVERY MONDAY, FREE!
Enter your name and email to receive weekly motivational stories and advice.