Heath Padgett was in software sales in Austin, TX when he decided that the job and lifestyle didn’t suit him. Newlyweds, Heath and his wife Alyssa decided to trade a house in surburbia and a corporate career for a 29-foot RV and odd jobs across the country. Now they are living and working a lifestyle business that allows them unlimited travel and an always-on vacation.
Heath Padgett lives, works and travels full-time in an RV. Last year Heath worked a different job in all 50 states and just finished editing a documentary with his wife called Hourly America. Heath is a bit of an RV enthusiast (okay, a big one). He also hosts a weekly podcast called The RV Entrepreneur where he interviews nomadic entrepreneurs who have built businesses while traveling full-time.
- There are jobs to be found in all 50 states, you just have to be willing to work them
- When you are 23, there is an expectation that you should get a good job and travel later when you have money saved up
- Why not seize the moment?
- The downsized life is currently hip and cool
- RVs aren’t just for retirees anymore
- We exist in a culture of busyness and many feel the pressure to always be on, to never take a break
- We need to calm down and not be so stressed
- The top performers in sports focus on breathing and on breaks, we should too
- Being reactive is like playing defense, you are waiting for life to throw it at you then be very reactionary
- It’s very hard to get ahead in this mode
- Being proactive is like playing offense, you are creating opportunities through thoughtfulness and investments
- If you work hard and plan accordingly, you can build success and freedom
- Home is wherever you go
- The RV Entrepreneur Podcast – iTunes | Stitcher Radio
- The Hunt for Red October (1990)
- The Hunt for Red October by Tom Clancy (listen on Audible)
- Gone with the Wynns
- Ditching Suburbia