David Fradin was a classically trained product manager at Hewlett-Packard during the 50 years that HP grew 20% a year.
Apple recruited him to bring the first hard disk drive on a personal computer to market. He soon rose in Apple’s management ranks to the same level as Steve Jobs by heading the Apple /// product line and providing the profits which helped fund the development of the Macintosh.
Since 1969 he has worked on over 75 products and services, at 25 small, medium and large organizations and eleven startups covering hardware, software, services, internet, SaaS, mobile, advertising, online training, video and for non-profit public policy associations and political campaigns.
He has taught what is in this book to thousands of senior managers, product managers, and product marketing managers worldwide at small, medium and large companies.
What You Will Learn in This Episode
- How tech leaders can combine value and vision to develop culture in their startup.
- Why SPICEs are the key to success.
- Why hackathons and venture capitalism may be counter to the results you are trying to achieve (fire, ready, aim).
- Why the salesperson’s responsibility is to understand what the customer wants to do then match them to product or service that meets that need.
- Don’t define yourself by the solution, but by the problems.
- How to observe users like a scientist.
- Building Insanely Great Products by David Fradin
- Spice Catalyst
- Start Your First Business – free email and audio course