The best time to develop a business relationship is well before the critical point that you need it. Chris Britton gets to know his vendors, partners and consultants over lunches and meetings in a low-stress environment. When crunch time comes and he needs to solve a critical business problem late at night or over the weekend, Chris’ relationship investments pay off dividends.
Chris Britton leads the vendor management team for a top insurance carrier where he’s worked in the industry for the past 17 years. He currently lives in Austin TX.
- It’s all about developing relationships so that you can understand people’s problems and better solve them
- Do your homework on the person you’re meeting with
- Develop relationships prior to an emergency
- Be aware of your surroundings to learn a new team’s culture
- When you’re meeting a group, pay attention to how they are treating each other to learn their intra-dynamics
- Respect other organization’s cultures
- Be true to yourself and others and how you treat them
- Chris Britton on LinkedIn
Get the Interview Questions
My Podcast Interview Guide contains the interview questions for all 3 topics:
- Career Development
- Product Development
- Business Bevelopment