Carson Heady is a published author of two sales books and numerous articles on selling and leadership who has served at multiple levels of sales management in his career. He has worked in technology, advertising and telecommunications. Carson lives in St. Louis, MO with his wife and daughter.
- Work on your business every single day.
- Poor leadership begets poor leadership.
- The top 20% of performers carry the office / division.
- When we see poor performance and have knee-jerk reactions instead of
- When you are new, the team has a pre-conceived notion that you are going to come in and make drastic changes.
- Shake those notions up by doing the unexpected.
- Don’t change anything right away.
- Solicit their feedback.
- Get to know your people; what are their strengths and what do they want to achieve?
- Spend time with people and learn about the job they do.
- We can get consumed by a comfortable means of mediocrity and comfortable means of failing.
- If we need to change process then the team should be more afraid of staying on current course than they are of changing course.
- Assess and address what has been in the past and where to go in the future.
- Everyone you lead has their own goals and aspirations.
- Some only want to keep their job.
- Some want to run the company.
- Use recognition and praise and do do publicly to show the team you support them.
- Implement “Betterment Committees” to find opportunities and make improvements.
- Birth of a Salesman by Carson V. Heady
- Burdene – The bot that remembers where you parked your car.
- Levant Technologies – Voted Oklahoma’s #1 website design and development company.
Available on Leadership Wednesday and Hello Tech Pros daily podcasts
Performance Assessment Cheatsheet
Enter your best email address to send you the cheatsheet that I use to perform self- and employee-assessments on the 9 critical attributes that affect our Personal, Team and Business performance.
Also, I'll keep you in the loop as I develop more content to help build your career, build your products and build your business.