Andy Pike is a freelance software developer in the UK who builds bespoke software for companies of all sizes ranging from early stage startups to large multi-nationals. He has approximately 20 years of experience, with many of those years as the CTO of a successful digital agency and has now branched out on his own. Andy is active in the developer community, he is the founder of a local developer user group, has contributed to multiple open source projects, has spoken at several conferences and has volunteered as a mentor at workshops for underrepresented groups in tech. When he isn’t working, he’s spending too many hours mining for diamonds with his kids in Minecraft.
What You Will Learn From This Episode
- How to decide if management is right for you.
- What management is and what it is not (hint: it’s not time sheets and holiday approvals).
- The product of every team lead and how to understand yours.
- How to communicate with your team to get results.
- Why you should walk through your team’s code, even if you don’t program any more.
- Andy’s two biggest pain points as a manager.
- Career Hyperdrive Course – 7 day audio and email course to launch your career into hyperspace.