AB Periasamy builds software like an artist builds a masterpiece. By inspiring others to believe in the idea and the design and contribute to it’s success.
Anand Babu (AB) Periasamy is a free software contributor, angel investor and an entrepreneur. AB is one of the founders of Minio, an open source cloud storage server. Prior to Minio, AB co-founded Gluster, an open source distributed filesystem. AB is also on the board of Free Software Foundation – India and has authored GNU FreeIPMI and GNU FreeTalk.
- Don’t have people managers. Instead, build a culture that encourages self-managing individuals.
- Software development is more like creating art than mass-producing products in a factory.
- Build the culture and they will come.
- Industry experts may be brilliant and also be the wrong people to have on your team.
- They come with pre-conceptions on what will work and what won’t.
- They might be motivated by money instead of by your goals.
- Minimize the requirements, don’t throw in extra features just to compete.
- Experiment on ideas to gaher more data before deciding on a solution.
- Elect one benevolent dictator to represent the team after soliciting ideas and discussion options.
- That person will take all the input and make the decision.
- The first 10 people are the hardest to find. After 10 the recruiting becomes much easier.
- The only asset you have from the beginning is belief. You must inspire others to share in that belief or connect with others that already believe.
- Burdene – SMS-based notes and reminder service.
- HelloTechBook.com – Get a free audio book from Audible.
- HTP-54 You’re Tech Interviews are Scaring Away Brilliant People — People Friday with Bill Kennedy
- Minio Cloud Storage
- Minio on Github